HeaderExpand

Friday, September 18, 2009

What “Liberty” means to me… Self therapy of the fledgling producer…Or simply – Why?

I just love a big woman with a thing for immigrants.

My 5’6”grandmother weighed 190 lbs. on her wedding day in 1920 to my 5’4” grandfather – who only weighed 155 lbs. She looks as if she is going to devour him (in that really sexy, good way) in their wedding picture. And according to my mother, they were the happiest couple to ever walk the face of the earth. My grandfather was an Italian immigrant, who literally walked off the boat in 1918 into the arms of that big, jolly woman.

Hmm, a musical about The Statue of Liberty…makes sense to me!

On my 14th birthday I came to NYC for the first time in my life. I climbed to the top of Statue of Liberty and looked out at NY Harbor through the windows of her crown, then saw my first Broadway Show – “Grease”. This obviously made a deep impression.

I’m no math wiz, but I think some statistics are fascinating.

More than 4 million people a year take the time to get a close look at Liberty Enlightening the World (the statue’s real title). Maybe I’m crazy, but I think that a small percentage of them actually THINK about her.

Please don’t tell me this is impossible.

I’m a Taurus.

Theresa Wozunk
Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog